Talk to the drivers — yes! Amazing and good people, all of them. I’ve met Uber and Lyft drivers who:
- Have a seasonal and odd job and use driving to fill in the gaps
- Are retired and use driving to supplement income and be social.
- Are going through life changes and need a transition job fast.
- Have lots of kids with crazy scheduling and need super flexibility.
- Are just arriving in Austin and need help getting settled in and familiar.
- Just sold their startup and are passing the time and meeting people.
- Are early stage entrepreneurs driving as a ‘day job’ while starting off.
- Play in a band and use driving as a day job with no boss, no fixed hours
- Just love people, and love driving people around.
The peer economy is about connecting people.